Saturday 17 January 2015

Garner Ultimate Blends The Sleek Perfector Oil Review

Superdrug - £6.66
In the world of girls, using straighteners and curlers are inevitable and because of this, heat protectors are made so that our hair doesn't get as damaged. Our hair is constantly getting damaged whether or not we use any kind of products or technology on our hair. This is because we go out in the sun, prolonged exposure to sun rays, will indeed lighten our hair but also dry it out as well so we need to look after it.

First of all, this is made with pure coconut oil. Those who are into organic stuff will know that coconut oil has great benefits in that it'll make our hair shinier and softer with regular use. With integrated coconut oil, of course the product will smell like coconut so for those of you who don't like this scent, I don't recommend. I personally don't like the smell of coconut oil, but because I've used it for so long now, I'm actually used to the smell and it doesn't bother me anymore.
This product claims to protect your hair of up to 230 degrees heat which is perfect! It's also for people who have dry, frizzy hair which I have due to hair colouring and straightening. It also claims to leave hair sleek and smooth for up to 72 hours, like wow!

What I like about this oil is the fact that is has multiple use. You can use this before you wash your hair, after it's been washed, before and after styling. I've yet to come across a heat protector that has this many uses. A little bit of this product goes a long way, where 1-2 pumps of this will be sufficient for those with long hair. It's very lightweight that after you put it on, you do not feel the greasiness of the oil at all, which is good because who'd want greasy looking/feeling hair especially when you've just washed it? I use this daily in the morning and night and I've noticed that my hair isn't as bad as when I dyed it a couple weeks ago. Obviously it's still rather dry but I presume within time, my hair will be back to normal again. It's highly nourishing which is what I look for when coming to oils for my hair and this does exactly that. The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that you'd have to tilt the bottle for the product to not stick to the nozzle. Most products with nozzles will be really easy to pump out product with it standing, however when you do that with this, the oil will just drip and make the bottle greasy. Apart from that I highly recommend this product to those with really dry hair and just want to make it smoother. After straightening my hair, this makes it look healthier and even feel much smoother so that's a complete bonus!

Overall, I love this product and might repurchase again. The reason why it's a might is because I don't really like the smell of coconut oil, but apart from that the product itself is very effective on dry hair. However whether it keeps your hair sleek and smooth for up to 72 hours is still a mystery to me because I wash my hair every other day so I'm not sure if that claim is true.

Have you tried this before? If not, what heat protector do you use and let me know if it's effective or not :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~