Thursday 5 February 2015

January Favourites~

Here I am again to share with you all my favourites for January. My list varies from month to month although I do try to keep it to a maximum of ten products, be it makeup or skincare.

My favourites for this month are in no particular order:

1) Laneige Water Sleeping Pack


This is my go to face mask whenever my face feels and looks absolutely dull and tired. If I want an immediate fix say if I'm going somewhere the next day, I will use this brighten up my dull complexion as well as hydrate it to make it feel supple and soft. This is one of the products that I feel does live up to its hype, and is still very popular amongst girls today. Although it can be quite pricey for a face mask therefore those who are tight on money may not want to purchase this but trust me, it's worth your money. It's good for all skin types, even for sensitive skin so why not go ahead and buy it? :D

Rating: 9/10



2) Garnier Moisture Match Light Softening Cream


I'm always changing moisturisers simply because I never seem to find one that suits my skin, some are either not moisturising enough or have strong scents or are too rich in moisture. I came across this when I was on my hunt for another moisturiser and thought I should try it out. This surprisingly moisturises my skin very well. It's actually the best moisturiser I've used so far due to it's non-sticky formula and as it claims "light softening". My skin really does feel softer after using and feels so much smoother, not only that but this is a light cream so a little goes a long way. It also has a nice floral sort of scent to it and not too overwhelming so thats a plus!

Rating: 8/10

3) Lancome Clarifying Exfoliating Toner


I've always wanted to try Lancome products because I've heard so many good reviews about them, however I'm not rich so that was a problem. I eventually succumbed and bought a couple of things from there - Cleanser and Toner. I believe the colours on the bottles are for the different skin types although on the back of the bottle it says its suitable for all skin types. This is a "clarifying exfoliating" toner, but I don't really see or feel the exfoliating effects of this toner. However, the clarifying effects are seen and works just like a toner does i.e. even out your skin tone and remove any residue that your cleanser didn't fully remove. A little product goes a long way, and you can smell an alcohol kind of smell. I can't quite pinpoint the exact scent but I can assure you that it isn't strong and horrible. It gives me a nice refreshed face where my skin doesn't feel too tight and irritated after applying it which is perfect! Honestly, I really like the packaging of this bottle, its sleek and classy with the brand's logo embossed onto the bottle. However I dislike the fact that the lid is a screw type and the hole is quite big so a lot of product will come out no matter how you try to get it out, but apart from that it does it's job, though I most likely wouldn't repurchase due to how much it costs and it does pretty much any other toner would do. 

Rating: 7/10

4) Vaseline Essential Moisture Light Feeling Lotion


I generally don't have bad skin whether it's my face or body. Like yeah sure I get some spots here and there but they were never a major concern for me. Now a little confession here, I wanted to buy this because of the scent it gave off when I first smelled it off my sister's mate. I really liked the smell of this and went ahead and bought it, not to mention it contains aloe in it which is even better due to aloe having soothing effects. It claims to give a light feeling sensation which I agree. I apply this straight after I finish showering as your body is more susceptible to keep in moisture at that point. The next day after a good night's sleep, my skin will feel so alive and healthy as it's really soft and smooth, or so I've been told by my friends who like to feel up my arms haha >.< This was an unexpected discovery as I've never used body moisturisers before, but I'm so glad I did! 

Rating: 8/10

5) Tresemme Salon Finish Freeze Hold Hairspray



Tresemme has always been my favourite brand when it comes to hair, their shampoos and heat protectors are always top quality and smells sooooo nice :D I've tried Tresemme's hairspray before but it was a black bottle that claims to give 24hr hold. I ran out of hairspray so I went to stock up, but this time I wanted a bigger bottle so it'd last me longer. I don't use hairspray that often due to me not actually doing anything with my hair because I'm so lazy, like the only thing I ever do to my hair is straighten it. I occasionally curl my hair when there's an occasion going on and so I'd need hairspray for that and that's pretty much the only reason I use hairspray. Although, I used to hairspray my brush and brush through my straightened hair to keep it that way, because you know England weather is disgusting! I don't see much difference in this and my old one, but that's probably because I don't use it enough to be able to notice the difference. I just know that it does the job of keeping my hair in place and that's all I'm after tbh  :P

Rating: 7/10

6) Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner


This was my first ever liquid eyeliner which my mum bought for me. It was very difficult to control at first due to the brush moving quite a bit which is annoying but you get used to it eventually. I like the dark pigmentation of this liner as I like mine to stand out and make my eyes look better. I don't wear makeup often so my makeup usually lasts me a long time. I've recently repurchased this eyeliner as I had such a great experience using it when I first started to wear eyeliner. Again, I had to get used to controlling the brush again but it didn't take me long to do that but all in all, it's a great eyeliner. I do wish the brush was a bit bigger though so that I can do my eyeliner much quicker as this is very thin from just one stroke so if you want to just tight line your eyes then that's perfect. However, I don't tight line my eyes and want it to be thicker so for me, I feel like that's an area Rimmel should improve on or even create another eyeliner with a thicker brush. Also I find that this takes longer than my other eyeliners to dry which can be frustrating if you're in a rush and want to apply mascara straight after but have to go through with waiting for it to dry but it doesn't bother me that much.

Rating: 7/10

7) Bourjois Paris Radiance Reveal Foundation


I didn't start to wear foundation until I was in year 13 and even then it was only sometimes because I'm so lazy to put on makeup. I swear I was born a male lol >.< But anyway, my skin at one point just looked really ugly and I happen to run out of BB cream to which would take at least a week to get to me even if I order it the day after I've ran out, and so I went to buy some foundation. Bubzbeauty recommended to use Bourjois Paris' Healthy Mix Serum foundation but for some reason I never bought that but opted for the Radiance Reveal one instead. This was my first ever foundation and I still use it till this day because it has medium coverage, although I don't need much coverage anyway. It claims to have fruit therapy and so it's good for your skin as well as having a nice subtle fruity scent to it. There are many shades to choose from, so there's a colour to fit everyone. I'm in the shade 52 - Vanilla if anyone was wondering. This does brighten up your complexion and make you seem much more awake and having healthier looking skin if its dull. However one downside to this is the fact that my skin does feel slightly bit sticky after a few hours but nothing a powder can't fix so always keep that handy. It also has great staying power as I never have to reapply my foundation even after a long day out. Definitely will be repurchasing this, but I'd like to buy BB Creams alongside it as well. 

Rating: 8/10

8) NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder


This is the first ever loose powder I've used and honestly I love it to bits. It's inexpensive, light, matches my skin tone and most importantly it gives my skin a nice matte finish. As it says on the product, it gives off a  "smooth skin" look which I love very much. However the lid comes off really easily as well as the product therefore it's not suitable for travelling. I might or might not repurchase this due to it not being travel friendly but who knows, I might change my mind like always >.<

Rating: 7/10


What are your favourites for this month?

*All sources are from google images

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~