Monday 23 February 2015

Sleek Makeup CC Cream Review


Product + Swatch
CC Cream stands for colour correcting; from what I know it's an upgrade from a BB cream. To me, BB creams are more of a makeup product due to it's coverage abilities (there are BB's with less coverage). This is the first time I've tried CC cream and I'm glad I did as this is one of my daily used products. It is also a great alternative to foundations and other heavier BB creams.

My shade is fair; although I believe I could also be "light" as I have pale skin but sometimes have a yellowish undertone depending on my diet and the weather. I opted for this one as it appeared to match my skin much better than the other shade. If you're unsure as to what shade you are, use a tester and apply it onto your face.
Claims
"Boost radiance and mattify shine with this long lasting complexion corrector with colour adaptive technology"

Packaging
This is a simple and sleek classic black and white packaging, which is easy on the eye as it's not too flowery or worded - distracts the buyer from the actual important information. However this can also be a downside as it may come across as cheap to some customers because of its simple design, and might not seem as trust worthy as other products.

It is in a tube form; those who've read my reviews know that I dislike products that have tube packaging especially for foundations or BB creams or any of a similar sort. This is because I don't like how we've got less control over how much product comes out - the tube is hard and sturdy making it difficult to squeeze out product. Depending on your perspective, this could be a good thing as you wouldn't have to worry about it being squeezed all over the place in your bag whilst travelling. 

Product
There's no smell to this which is great for those who dislike scented facial products. This cream glides on smoothly; creates a non-sticky canvas on you and highly sticks to the claim of mattifying shine. Although it keeps your face away from the shine, I found that this only occurs when certain temperatures are met i.e. the warmer you feel, the less matiffying your face will feel and therefore will need to apply powder. 

As to boosting radiance, I don't think that's justified since I saw no difference in my skin besides the fact that my skin tone is more even after applying it. A good point to mention is that over time it does fix the colour of your natural skin colour as well. This is light to medium coverage so it's good if you just want an even canvas, however to cover acne scars or spots; find something else with higher coverage. 

This product has the staying power of about 4-5 hours before you need to reapply again. So for the claim of long lasting, I don't personally think it's true.  There are 4 shades for this, so you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to find one that suits you. I was very reluctant on buying that as I've had bad experience with American/British branded BB creams, because although I picked the lightest shade, my face was still really orange. SPF is included in this even though it's not that high so it serves as a sunscreen as well as a makeup base. I find that this is better for the winter due to its mattifying and lightweight texture. 

Pictures

Outdoor lighting
Pros
  • Lightweight
  • 4 Shades - accounts for other skin tones
  • Good coverage(for me) - illuminates pores
  • Non-sticky; glides on smoothly
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Inexpensive
  • SPF against UVA & UVB sun rays
  • Doesn't produce grey cast
Cons
  • Packaging - tube form so can get messy
  • Light to medium coverage - won't cover acne scars
  • Not appropriate for those with oily skin
  • Still needs powder to achieve matte look 

What's your view on CC creams? Do you think they're better/worse or on par with BB Creams? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~