Monday 30 March 2015

Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream Review

Clinique: £26
I spend way too much on skincare that it's actually unhealthy and to those who always question where my money disappears to; well there's your answer. I decided not to purchase the bigger tub with 30ml in because it costs more and there's no point when a small pot like this will last you for agesssss!

Packaging
Sleek with simple colour combinations which fits the clean concept of Clinique. There's a separator between the lid and the pot which I find very useful so the product doesn't go onto the lid, although it can be irritating as it is really small. It's glass-like body gives off a sophisticated vibe which makes you already think that the product will work, as we tend to think if it looks high-end it must work right? This is very light weighted and its petite size makes it travel friendly. 

Claims
"Lightweight eye cream diminishes the appearance of eye puffs, darkness and fine lines. Non-creep, cream/gel formula actually helps hold eye makeup in place. For use morning and night, both under eyes and on lids. Ophthalmologist Tested."
Product
The colour of this product is pale orange/yellow which kind of reminds of sunscreen colour simply because there's usually a hint of yellow in sunscreens. There's no significant smell to this which to some is a good thing as some scented products tend to irritate those with sensitive skin. It is true that this is lightweight but only if you use a small amount which is basically all you need, otherwise it'll start to feel really greasy around your eye area and it is also very apparent to others as well. 

After opening this product, I recommend to keep the separator as if you're a clumsy like me and drop the pot, the content will go onto the lid. If you use a sufficient amount (which isn't a lot btw) I find that this makes a great eye primer to make your eye makeup last longer and mattifies so as well as having skin benefits, you're also having longer lasting makeup, so why not? :) 

I wear this morning and night after applying my moisturiser; the effects are more obvious when you wake up in the morning after the night application where you notice that dark circles and puffiness of the eyes to have been reduced (with regular use). I've tried many eye creams/gels to soothe the tired eyes and dark circles of mine due to me being a student and having to stay up late to study, however I've never had much luck in that area. This in comparison to all the others I've tried have definitely the most fast working effects where you'll start to see results within a couple weeks of regular use. As for fine lines; I don't have those just yet so no comment can be made, sorry. 

Overall, I highly recommend this especially for those who work late nights or students who have a bit of extra money to spend to invest in this great product. A little tip in applying this product to ensure that you're not using too much is to use your pinky and dip it into the pot lightly. The worst it can get is too little product where you can always build it up, but too much at the start = screwed you haha >.< There's an alternative to this; the All About Eyes Rich which does the same job except it provides more moisture, therefore I'd recommend for older people who lack moisture and have a bigger issue with dark circles and puffiness to use. 

Pros
  • Lightweight
  • Moisturising
  • Soothing for the eyes
  • Has great eye priming effects
  • Reduces dark circles and puffiness with regular use
  • Travel friendly
  • Lasts for a long time
  • Fast results
Cons
  • Can be greasy if applied too much
  • Product can spill easily if dropped even though it's consistency isn't runny
  • Pricey for 15ml of product
Have any of you tried this before? What are your views on this? :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~