Tuesday 16 February 2016

The SAEM - Power Ampoule Hydra Hyaluronic Acid-5 Review


My skin was needing some extra moisture due to the cold ass British winter and I've yet to try anything containing hyaluronic acid; an ingredient known to retain more moisture than any other natural or synthetic polymer. By having this ingredient, the skin barrier will strengthen and help making your skin plump and radiant as well as fight against ageing. This only contains 3 ingredients (I kid you not!), which is always a bonus since a lot of ingredients within a product is often bad or contain irritants. The fact that this only contains 3 ingredients decreases the likelihood of irritating sensitive skin. The ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid & Butylene Glycol.

The Power Ampoule Line contains 6 different products that helps counteract the most common skin concerns - moisture loss, enlarged pores, anti-wrinkle etc. 


The packaging looks very eco-friendly with it's wooden screw top, but because of that it also looks cheap in comparison to other ampoules. What I was surprised about was the screw top; usually ampoules or serums usually come in pipette forms requiring you to squeeze, however for this you push down on the blue circle at the top, which is shown above. I think that's quite an innovative idea or maybe I'm just easily amused hahaha ;P

It's consistency is literally like water so I couldn't capture it in time to show you guys, but everyone knows what water looks like so there's no point showing it anyway >.< Due to how lightweight this is, it would be suitable for any skin type. The instructions say to apply this before your serum but because I use a vitamin C serum, I apply this after it. I also find that using one pump isn't enough to hydrate my skin so usually use about 2-3 - ma skin iz thirsty af yo ;D

You honestly need more than one pump every time you use it (I use mine mainly at night, but sometimes in the morning too), which means unfortunately it will be used up a lot quicker than any other serums. Since it's my first time using anything containing hyaluronic acid, I can't make much of  a comparison but in terms of moisture, it makes my skin feel a lot smoother immediately and help products following it absorb better. My dry patches slowly went over time and most importantly didn't irritate my skin one bit despite it's slightly sensitive state at the moment. I find that it also soothes and calms the skin - great for my acne prone people. I haven't seen many reviews of this online so I assume it isn't that popular amongst the blogging world, either that or there are others proving to be more effective.

I probably wouldn't repurchase this again, not because I don't like it but I'd like to try other products containing hyaluronic acid as well ^^

Pros

  • Hydrates well
  • Contains only 3 ingredients 
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Soothes and calms the skin
  • Doesn't irritate
  • Allows products following it to absorb better
Cons
  • Some countries may only be able to purchase this online

What's your go-to product in winter? 

*I'm also planning to change my blog name, what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~