Saturday 30 April 2016

Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur Review


I have a mini break before I have to go back to revising and doing assignments again. Pretty sure anyone who's interested in Korean makeup or a big fan of Etude House products will have seen / heard of this primer. There are various coloured primers suited to your skin needs e.g. green for redness, purple for dullness etc. This is a peach toned primer so it's a general primer that brightens up the complexion. I heard the Innisfree No Sebum Blur primer is good too so that would be my next purchase.

This product claims to provide "multi-blurring effects for instantly refined and smooth skin. Skin's texture is smoothed, pores minimised and complexion brightened."

First of all, I couldn't help but notice the odd SPF number like as if someone just picked a random number. But nevertheless, I like that it has SPF because it can keep my skin protected from the toxic sun. The packaging is nothing too fancy, just a plastic pink bottle with some metallic shine. It comes as a pump so it's pretty hygienic and we all know how makeup can get all yucky and germy >.<  To me this smells like Johnson's baby wipes which I'm not too fond of but it's tolerable because the smell isn't overwhelming.


A very light milky texture that spreads really easily on the face and because of this light texture, it doesn't feel heavy. One pump is too much so I usually only use about a half. This will last you ages because you don't need to use a lot; I've had this since December and there's more than half left. I like that this is a moisturising primer as well because my skin is dry af recently and achieving a dewy look is my goal. Despite it being moisturising, it can make my skin feel greasy on days where my skin is more oily, so oily skin friends may want to opt for a more mattifying product. 

To be honest I don't feel like my skin texture is "smoothed", I mean what kind of product is really going to instantly smooth out the skin? Like your spot isn't going to shrink immediately upon application. My pores do look smaller but I find that after a few hours it kind of sinks into them making them more apparent. One thing I honestly do have to applaud Etude House for is the brightening effects. I look more awake from this because it gives you that slight glow that looks like it's coming from within. I can't really tell much of a difference when I use this under my makeup and without which essentially tells me that I don't actually need this. 

Overall an average product that is honestly optional in your makeup routine. Most of the time I don't even reach for this unless my I'm literally looking DEAD and need to brighten up my face quick. It does minimise my pores but the fact that it sets into them steers me away, because you can easily get spots from congested pores; especially if you have to wear makeup for long periods. The moisturising effect is good but using a good moisturiser does the same thing. As I mentioned earlier, the skin isn't smoothed - it's not a miracle product. To be honest, I don't understand all the rave about this product, maybe it's just me, but I won't be repurchasing. 

Do you use primer? :)

PROS
  • Immediately brightens
  • Moisturising
  • Will last you ages
  • Lightweight
CONS
  • Does not "smooth" the skin
  • Congest pores

Rating:  photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif photo tumblr_inline_n0vrymT2nM1rxsw83_zpsxlcdexif.gif

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments, leave me something and I'll get back to you soon~